Blumat Classic is the tried and tested solution for the reliable watering of all kinds of indoor plants. Simple and totally safe to use, at the weekend, on holiday or all year round. Also suitable for the watering of balcony plants when you’re on holiday in the XL version.
With Blumat Classic, indoor plants get just the amount of water they actually need. Regardless of whether it’s a sunny or shady location. The water is drawn from any container through a thin tube and released directly through the clay cone onto the plant. The Classic XL with larger clay cone releases more water and is ideal for thirstier indoor plants or to water plants on the balcony and patio when you are on holiday.
Easy and simple to use:
- Blumat is ready to use at any time.
- Very easy installation.
- The plants stay in their usual location.
- No repotting is required.
- Ideal for clay granulate too (e.g. Seramis)
- Blumat is ideal for watering when you’re on holiday.
- Blumat can also be used all year round.
The water is drawn from any container through a thin tube and released directly through the clay cone onto the plant. The water discharge can be regulated by placing the water container higher or lower. (See photo's above for more information)
- Remove green cap.
- Soak clay cone in water for about 15 minutes.
- Press the cap on the completely full clay cone.
- Insert the Blumat into the soil near the roots. The clay cone must be completely under the soil.
- Place the tube in a water container. Ready!
When functioning correctly, the dispensed water is drawn in through the tube. The water level in the Blumat Classic remains virtually unchanged. Keep the water container topped up. If the water container is empty, the Blumat will also have to be refilled.
Long-term watering: It is best to use opaque containers as this prevents algae growth. In addition, water the plants every 4-6 weeks with a watering can.
Maintenance: Blumat will last longer if it is thoroughly cleaned once a year. Open the Blumat and lay both parts in warm water for about five minutes. Then press the cap on firmly several times under water to flush any impurities out of the tube. Clean inside the cone with a small brush and sand down the outside with sandpaper.
Fertiliser: You can easily add liquid fertiliser by pouring some into the water container.