For garlic lovers! An easy 10-day sprout (slow start) with a wonderful fresh garlic flavor. Great mixed with other seeds.
- Days to Sprout: 10 days
- Soak Time: 4-6 hours
- Yield: 1 tbsp of dry seed yields approx. 2-3 cups of sprouts
- Storage: Must be stored in cold conditions or will lose it’s germ. Keep stored in either your fridge or freezer. We guarantee our seeds for one year from purchase date.
Soak: Put 1-2 Tbsp. seed in a wide mouth jar with a sprouting lid. Add water, swirl, and drain. Refill jar with water and soak 4-12 hours. Drain well and invert jar at an angle on a sprouting or draining rack, or in a bowl or drain rack.
Rinse: Twice a day, refill jar with cold water, swirl, and drain well.
Enjoy! Ready to eat in 10-13 days. The herb hulls are good tasting so you can harvest earlier if you like the flavor and texture of the hulls. Refrigerate to store. (Sprouts store best when they are fairly dry.)
- Some sprouts tend to clump together as they grow. To separate, fill the jar with water, remove the screen and stir gently with a fork during the regular rinse. Remove hulls if desired. Drain well as usual.
- The drier they are the better sprouts keep. Be sure to let sprouts grow another half day after the final sorting rinse before storing in the fridge. Optional: put folded paper towel on top of the sprouts in the jar. Put lid on and refrigerate turned upside down. This removes excess moisture.
- If your home is very warm during the summer months, it may help to rinse the sprouts three times a day with cold water. Stir gently if clumping.
Exited to grow
Haven’t tried this variety yet , but the arugula grew great so I expect this will too Super fast shipping too! Thanks guys